Saturday, July 13, 2013

Preorder The Inspiring Autobiography of Milkha Singh 'The Race of My Life' on Infibeam.com

Milkha Singh, the star Indian athlete, who won a first ever Gold medal for athletics at Commonwealth Games for India but unfortunately lost an Olympic medal by a whisker is about to release his candid autobiography. Milkha Singh is truly an inspiration for not only Indians but all since he rose to name and fame out of nothing. He has recently complied a candid autobiography dubbed as 'The Race Of My Life' and this is about to be released soon in India. 

'The Race of My Life: An Autobiography' by Milkha Singh is published by Rupa Publications. The book has been co-authored by his daughter Sonia Sanwalka and the introduction to the book is written by his son Jeev Milkha Singh. The famous film-maker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, who has recently  released a biopic film on the life of Milkha Singh named 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' has contributed a foreword for this autobiography. The film-maker remarks that "My journey into his life through the film, 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', made me understand how devastating this loss was for him. However, Milkha Singh's extraordinary resilience made him step out of the darkness of failure and find redemption. But his catharsis was not easy, for Milkha had to face his inner demons and deepest fears to come through as a winner, in life."

The star athlete was born in Lahore and the dreadful India-Pakistan partition happened when he was  just 12 years old. He witnessed the murder of his parents, brothers and sisters in front of him as the victims of anti-sikh discrimination. Later he walked thousand miles to reach Delhi and went to the refugee camp. As a child he ended up in jail for petty crimes like stealing food. However, his will to lead a respectful life and his determination to never lose made him the champion that he is today. He joined army and initially used to win a race to get a glass of milk as a reward. 

As remarked by Col. Balwant singh his fellow mate, who practiced along with him, “Milkha Singh became India’s greatest athlete for he just didn’t know how to quit. He was a curious mix of maniacal zeal, unflinching determination and exceptional self-belief.”

In his own words, Milkha Singh writes his primary mission in life was to excel in running. "The track, to me, was like an open book, in which I could read the meaning and purpose of life. I revered it like I would the sanctum sanctorum in a temple, where the deity resided and before whom I would humbly prostrate myself as a devotee. To keep myself steadfast to my goal, I renounced all pleasures and distractions, to keep myself fit and healthy, and dedicated my life to the ground where I could practice and run. Running had thus become my God, my religion and my beloved,"

Read this phenomenal autobiography as soon as it out in the market by preordering it today on popular online shopping site like infibeam.com. Infibeam.com is currently taking preorders for Milkha Singh's candid autobiography 'The Race Of My Life'.


About Author
Milkha Singh was born in 1932 in undivided India and he joined the army in 1951. Arguably, India's best male athlete, he received the Padma Shri at the height of his career in 1958. Although he stopped participating in competitive events in the early 1960s, he has dedicated his life to sports. He retired as Director of Sports and Youth Programme, Punjab Government, in 1991. He established the Milkha Charitable Trust in 2003 in Chandigarh to help poor and needy sports person and their families. He has recently penned down his life in a candid autobiography called 'The Race of My Life'.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1 Responses to “Preorder The Inspiring Autobiography of Milkha Singh 'The Race of My Life' on Infibeam.com”

Mirza Ghalib said...
August 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I got this book through Pre order from the publisher. Fantastic book, written in a simple manner, yet short and to the point. All youngsters must read this, a good inspirational book and helps inculcate discipline and leadership qualities in teenagers

Once you start, you wont put tit down until you finish. Took jut three days to complete, apart from spending 14 hours at office. you just can't put it down. So sad to know the bureaucracy in Indian Sports. What a tough journey this Legend has been through, yet stands apart with all his achievements.

Swimming against tides.....Personified....Hats Off to the FLYING SIKH!


Post a Comment

Subscribe Email:
© 2013 Read Book Review. All rights reserved.
Designed by Kislay Prajapati

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.